Small Fabrications & Assembly Setter Operator
Location: Essex, Romford, Brentwood, Hornchurch, Basildon
The Client: A manufacturer of Aerospace components for global OEM’s.
Responsible for the production of clips, bonding leads, small fabricated components and assemblies from concept to completion ensuring that the company achieves its goals in turnover, delivery and quality performance. The post holder will be responsible for the quality of work they undertake and for reporting non-conformities as and when they occur. The post holder will need to demonstrate a flexible approach and be willing to work in various areas of the shop floor as and when requested by the Operations Manager and undertaking extra responsibilities as necessitated by business requirements.
? Set up and operate press and form tooling to manufacture components to drawing.
? To assemble, clean, solder, braze, weld and anneal components as required.
? To perform the following tasks prior to commencing operation:
- check drawing number and issue status is correct to work order;
- check that clear instructions are available to you;
- check materials and parts are correctly identified and, where applicable, within shelf life, GRN recorded on W/O parts list;
- ensure all previous operations are correctly endorsed and stamped to verify conformity; and
- report any deviations to the above checks to the cell leader.
? To perform the following tasks during manufacture:
- ensure all operations are completed as planned;
- ensure the first off inspection is carried out and the route card is endorsed at each applicable operation;
- check that all products within the batch conforms to the requirements of the operation; and segregate any non-conforming product and report it to your cell leader
? To perform the following tasks on completion of the operation:
- To WIP record on paragon and sign off own work record your name and the quantity of parts produced on the route card to verify compliance to drawing and work instructions.
- segregate any non-conforming product and report it to your supervisor.
? To be able to develop simple Fly press form and press tooling.
? To be able to develop manufacturing and assembly process to produce parts to drawing.
? To liaise with all other departments as required to ensure smooth and efficient progress of all sales requirements
? To ensure that a clean and tidy work area is maintained throughout the shop floor, and to ensure goods are correctly stored and protected.
? To ensure compliance with relevant Health, Safety, Environmental, Quality, performance, policies and procedures.
Requirements : experience:
? Able to use Fly press tooling, guillotine, soldering and brazing equipment.
? Experience in assembly, soldering and manufacture techniques.
? Able to measure accurately.
Requirements : qualifications
? ONC/HND production Engineering or relevant equivalent Mechanical Engineering qualification or having served a manufacturing apprenticeship.
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181