Our client is a leading Central Government body seeking a Software Asset Manager (SAM) for an intial 6 month contract based from their offices in Telford.
Contract Length: Initially 6 months with extension
Pay Rate to Candidate: £500-580 per day
Security Clearance: BPSS (Basic Disclosure) but also SC PREFFERED
CV Deadline: Monday @ 4pm
Interview Process: f2f / face to face
Looking at compliance around the software licences
How to identify all licensing across the state : software inventory tool
Proof of purchase etc
Entitlement : making sure they comply with the vendors agreements
Software asset management : need vendor experience - tier 1 types like :Microsoft/ adobe/ etc
Not overly technical position : understanding the licensing complexities of those vendors : licencing knowledge is ESSENTIAL
As part of the IT Asset Management (ITAM) team, the IT Software License Manager will be able to demonstrate;
• Significant experience of Software Asset Management (SAM) practices and activities in large organisations.
• good knowledge of ITAM & SAM industry standards & operating models such as ITIL, ISO 19770-1 & Microsoft SOM.
• a robust understanding of SAM technical toolsets : experience of the SNOW application would be beneficial.
• strong software Licensing knowledge and detailed understanding of SAM processes.
• To work as part of the Software Asset stream in the ITAM function, reporting to the Stream Lead and Head of ITAM.
• Assist in the daily management of software and technology assets within the organisation, using the SNOW toolset to drive identification and verification.
• Co-ordinate the planning, monitoring and recording of software licenses to ensure compliance with vendor contracts is recorded, verified and maintained.
• Assist in forming procurement strategies for software license use and compliance tracking across the organisation and ensure best practice is applied and issues escalated where applicable.
• Work alongside the other ITAM streams to develop, implement and review process and procedures for tracking assets (hardware and software)
• Responsible for defining, governing and evolving the SAM management and License compliance activities within the organisation.
• Responsible for embedding policies and processes for the end to end lifecyle management of all software assets.
• Working with the Commercial Directorate in matters relating to Software License Management including compliance, strategy, efficiency and service improvement.
• Develop strategies and relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the business is gaining the best opportunity from SAM.
• Support all formal Software asset audit request, working with legal, commercial and procurement.
• Manage all software licenses, warranties, maintenance agreements and vendor contracts against installations to ensure the organisations legal compliance position.
• Assist Commercial Directorates in developing and managing sourcing strategies for the organisation.
• Assist in determining ROI and total cost of ownership for software assets throughout the product lifecycle.
• Monitor and analyse trends throughout software assets and report on spend and attribution across the organistion where required.
• Ensure all SAM tools are used appropriately and make recommendations where appropriate for system enhancements.
• Be responsible for communicating industry best practice to the organisation in order to establish workable benchmarks for managing software assets.
• Effectively communicate SAM strategies to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear manner.
• Where possible look to standadise and lower total costs of ownership for software assets.
• BCS/ISEB Certification in SAM Essentials
• ITIL Service Management Foundation Certificate
• At least 3 years experience within