Role: SQL Database Developer / Administrator
Contract Length: 3 Months
Location: London (Remote working)
Salary: £450/day (umbrella)
Security Clearance: SC Cleared (Must be active)
- Experience of using Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience of upgrading an existing database to a server based SQL database
- Experience of providing technical documentation of the new database and processes
- Must hold active SC Clearance
Following an upgrade of our data collections tool for Government Major Projects Portfolio (GMPP), an improved Database Management Systems is required to manage and automate the regular data extracts, whilst also bringing together Government Major Projects Portfolio (GMPP) data with Major
Project Assurance Review Data. Storing, linking and therefore analysing these two datasets together is cumbersome and slow with the current database.
The upgrade will also improve the speed of our internal data transformations and allow regular semi-automated updates. It will also enable future growth, enabling the database to be connected straight to Business Intelligence tools and other analytical software – improving the accessibility and potential for the data.
We require specialist skills in Database Management Systems (DBMS), specifically an expert in Microsoft SQL Server Express with experience of transitioning Microsoft Access Databases to Microsoft SQL Server Express and setting up and documenting the new DBMS processes.
The contractor will be responsible for upgrading two databases, both with the following deliverables:
- Transition GMPP Database from Microsoft Access to Microsoft SQL Server Express
- Develop a semi-automated ETL process from Oscar Extracts to the Database, with Built in Data Quality Checks
- Reconcile Q2 GMPP Online Returns with Excel Versions (for initial phased departments)
- Develop update processes for amending old data
- Create all calculated fields (from Headline Dataset) in new Database
- Draft Backup and Recovery Plan
- Create Full Documentation for the new Database
- Train team in using the new Database
- And repeat the above for Assurance Review Database
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181