Role: Digital Database Specialist
Contract Length: 2 yrs
IR35: In Scope
Pay Rate to Candidate: £ 424.95
In line with strategic direction Electromagnetic Protection Group (EMPG) is embarking on a refresh programme to ensure the future relevance of the group to provide and assure advice on Radio Frequency and Electro-Optic Sensing and Countermeasure systems. The development of databases is recognised as key challenges for the group.
The Database Developer/Programmer will be required to analyse the data needs of the group and external stakeholders in line with the refresh programme and produce an effective database solution with ease of maintenance at its very heart. The Database Developer will be expected to work alongside senior technical leaders in the capture of requirements and to support the development of junior staff who will maintain the toolset once produced.
The Database Developer will:
- Collect and analyse the data needs of the group and the external stakeholders;
- Work closely with senior technical leads in the development of the database solution addressing the needs for an updated Countermeasure Confidence process;
- Produce the database solution and supporting documentation;
- Support the development of junior staff who will maintain the database toolset.
The Database Developer will need the following skills:
- Experience applying technical design and development skills to the creation of database solutions;
- Experience of analysing existing databases and future data needs;
- Knowledge of a range of programming languages and codes (Advanced SQL skills and knowledge of emerging database technologies);
- Experience of implementation process for new databases.
Security Clearance: SC
Please provide current sponsor and candidates DOB
Must be full British national
CV Deadline: Wednesday 4th 5pm