Job Title: Data Storage Engineer
• IR35 Scope: Out of Scope
• CV Submission Deadline: 04/05 8.45am
• The Maximum Pay Rate payable to candidate: 650 - 750
• Location: Southern House, Croydon
• Travel: Occasional
• Contract Length: 12 months
• Security Clearance Level Required: SC Security Clearance ESSENTIAL .Must not have lapsed
Our client Home Office//HO Core//Corporate Services//Technology (HO CS TECH) are seeking an expert Data Storage engineer
Storage vendor training certificates 2. Bachelor’s degree in any field or relevant demonstrable experience
Knowledge of how to install and configure a Storage Area Network (SAN) and configure a controller for it.
This will include physical connection of the disks and controllers, initial commissioning of the SAN and any required disk set up and then configuration of the controller to control the array.
Work closely with departmental staff involved in this setup to share knowledge on processes.
The main responsibilities of the post are:
• Capture and analysis of storage requirements that applications will place on the storage subsystem, including capacity, QoS, fault tolerance, availability and access control.
• Design and specification of storage services to meet application & users’ needs.
• Clearly document the high and low level storage design and configuration.
• Ensure that storage meets the functional and non-functional requirements.
• Creation of storage configuration templates and scripts to repeatable automated deployment.
• Participating in design reviews and walk-throughs to communicate storage proposals and validate proposed approaches.
• Working in cooperation with testing to ensuring the quality of the resulting services.
• Ensure that storage design complies with Home Office and Government standards.
1. Must have SC Clearance
2. In depth enterprise storage experience on EMC, NetApp and Data Domain.
3. Experience in the design and configuration of storage to support both physical and virtual environments, e.g. VMware, Hyper-V and OpenStack.
4. Experience of design of storage in cloud environments, e.g. AWS, Azure, OpenStack.
5. Demonstrable ability to communicate in both verbal and written communication
6. Experience of working in a transformation project
7. Familiar with ITIL processes.
1. Experience working in Government or highly regulated environments.
2. Understanding of public and private cloud infrastructure.
3. Understanding of Continuous Integration \ Continuous delivery environments.
4. Expose to storage in hyper converged environments.