Stores & Logistics Cell Leader
Location: Essex, Romford, Brentwood, Hornchurch, Basildon
Salary: £16/hr Circa
The Client: A manufacturer of Aerospace components for global OEM’s.
A challenging role for a talented, driven stores & logistics supervisor in an established aerospace manufacturing organisation. Candidate to be a self-motivated individual, delivering the Company vision of excellence by coordinating other staff and colleagues to achieve and maintain departmental requirements and disciplines in an active market sector,
The role requires a strong leader with supervision / management experience, able to deal with issue escalations and matters requiring HR guidance / input. Holder must work with minimum supervision and ensure best practices for efficiency and output of stores & logistics areas with a comprehensive knowledge of relevant manufacturing processes.
Responsible for all activities and output for their relevant area of control and leading the team whilst ensuring compliance with quality standards and all operations are not just maintained and performed safely but are continually improved, including all resource in the department.
Health & Safety
- Responsible for conducting and maintaining all risk assessments within the department.
- Ensuring all team members conduct their tasks safely and report any hazards or near misses.
- Actively promote a safe working culture within the business.
Operations & Finance
- Achieve targets set for the department.
- Lead all relevant projects focusing on continuous improvement.
- Update and maintain all metrics and KPI (Key Performance Indicators) boards daily to maximise efficiency and team performance relating to the key performance indicators.
- Attend and contribute to any relevant departmental meetings.
- Ensure manpower is used effectively and that there is total flexibility through cross training. Moreover that the required work within the department is carried out in the most efficient and controlled manner,
- Ensure overtime is managed and utilised efficiently within departmental budgets and targets.
- Maintain all area 6S requirements ensuring that business targets are maintained and corrective / improvement plans exist where required.
- Liaise with other internal departments i.e. production control, engineering etc in order to plan work in accordance with manufacturing & delivery plan requirements.
- In the case of machinery and equipment failures, document these and communicate with the appropriate person, agreeing the necessary actions to restore operations quickly.
- Responsible for the smooth introduction of new methods & processes.
- Supervise the team and organise the workload to meet business targets, setting and changing priorities as needed to ensure that the work is processed to customer specification and on time and put in place action plans to correct any areas where business targets are not met.
- Setting and updating the team's daily objectives to KPI's including giving daily work priorities to the team and holding team performance meetings to identify issues and the best corrective actions.
- Responsible for arrange any necessary materials and resources for the team, including tooling and equipment capability and maintenance.
- The team training needs are highlighted and administered in a timely manner, cross training where practicable.
- Develop oneself in line with the needs of the job role understanding the key elements including adaptability, assertiveness, empathy and influencing.
- Team briefings are held at the start of the shift in order to pass on information regarding daily work and company information using continuous improvement boards, schedules and continuous improvement plans.
- Manage the team to ensure good communications, employee relations and high morale whilst managing day to day employee matters including disciplinary, recruitment, performance feedback / reviews and attendance records (appointments, holidays, sickness etc) working within Company guidelines.
- Carry out any other duties appropriate and as required by the Production Manager.
Requirements — experience:
- Experience of stores & logistics supervision / management.
- Working knowledge and understanding of 65 principles and objectives.
- Experience and ability to manage staff and resources including personnel development and training. o A59100 quality / business control experience.
- Aerospace experience.
- HR & IR Management.
- Continuous improvement cultural change experience.
- 15014001 Environmental experience.
Requirements — qualifications
- Good general education.
- Supervisory / management qualification.
- Degree or equivalent in appropriate discipline.
- HNC or equivalent in production engineering.
- Green belt or lean qualification.
Requirements — personal characteristics
- Essential Excellent leadership, motivation, delegation and management of staff.
- Excellent clear and concise communication skills.
- Displays confidence, integrity and a positive attitude.
- Ability to prioritise work effectively and with a demonstrable desire to win.
- Results oriented with an analytical and problem solving mind-set.
- Takes ownership of the role, self-motivated and self-managing.
- Calm, professional and consistent in approach.
- Organised and methodical.
- Confident decision maker.
- Excellent resource planner.
- Quality workmanship
- Computer literate with good Excel knowledge
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181