Supply Chain Manager
Location: Croydon, Mitcham, Epsom, Bromley, Surrey
Salary: 55-65k + benefits (dependant on experience)
Benefits: Pension – 6%, Annual Bonus, Life Assurance, Private Healthcare
The Supply Chain Manager role is a key member of the operations management team and is directly responsible for the Purchasing and Logistics operations.
Reporting into the Operations Manager locally but also with a functional reporting line into the group purchasing structure the role offers the successful candidate opportunities at a local and regional level to work in a truly global organisation.
Candidates must have experience of working within an engineering environment in a senior purchasing role.
- Strategic management of all aspects of materials management
- Management of purchasing & logistics personnel on a day to day basis ensuring performance levels match the levels expected.
- Responsible for continued focus on minimising inventory levels based on improved purchasing policies.
- Ensure materials supply is co-ordinated and is linked to customer requirements i.e. parts are available when required and then picking/dispatching is timely and accurate.
- Management and development of the suppliers of our low volume, highly bespoke engineered components, mainly from highly skilled machine shops and tool rooms.
- Develop partnerships internally with our parent group in Germany to manage our supply of parts in an efficient and timely manner
- Control MRP and consequent materials purchasing and rescheduling working in conjunction with our Sales teams and Production Controllers.
- Represent the UK business in global Purchasing and Logistics initiatives leading and supporting projects as required
- Use continuous improvement techniques to improve department performance
- Maintain accuracy of inventory levels via good stores practices and confirm via cycle counting. Ensure suitability of storage methods for product preservation.
- Keep distribution costs under review and at all times ensure the optimum balance of performance, flexibility and cost is achieved from our distribution partners
- Optimise imports to minimise customs costs
- Work with the quality department to ensure speedy and detailed resolutions to supplier quality issues are delivered within our non-conformance process.
- Work within commercial conditions set by the company
- Degree qualified and membership of CIPS would be an advantage.
- Extensive experience of purchasing low volume engineered parts from a range of machine shops would be a distinct advantage.
- Significant experience in a purchasing role, preferably at a leadership level
- An Engineering background or experience of working within an engineering environment is essential
- Good all round communication and IT skills including knowledge of MRP systems is essential
- Leadership and influencing skills
- Analytical ability (costing, finance and performance)
- Candidates must have experience of working within an engineering environment in a senior purchasing role
- Salary Bracket £55k - £65k (dependent on experience)
- Car Allowance
- 20 days holiday (pro rata)
- Annual Bonus (pro rata on year of joining)
- Life Assurance
- Pensions 3% EE and 6% ER
- Private Health Care
- Dental Scheme
- Other Benefits
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181