Our Client HM Revenue & Customs//HMRC Core//Chief Digital & Info//Digital (HMRC D) are seeking a technical Architect
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Take responsibility for managing and updating data models, data architecture, data dictionaries, configuration and reference data catalogues.
- Work with business leads to identify and document data and reporting requirements.
- Design and maintain data models and manage data integration, performing data quality analysis and profiling tasks.
- Track business requirements and ensure that these can be matched from a data perspective.
- Take ownership of data related design decisions throughout the delivery process, including selection of tools to support data architecture activities.
- Ensure that data-specific project activities align technically and that the architecture is consistent from a data perspective.
- Ensure compliance with data related standards and key architectural principles. Manage stakeholder expectations and deliver complex IT projects to tight deadlines.
Main duties and deliverables:
? Developing DA deliverables such as: data models; data mapping
documents requirement responses; user stories. • Leading any DA
? Facilitating workshops
? Attending project governance and progress forums as required
? Working with the Delivery Manager to ensure project information is
timely and accurate for reporting
? Working closely with the business reps to provide visibility of delivery
progress and access to suitable acceptance and sign off meetings.
? Agreeing the goals and deliverables for development activity
? Notifying the Project Manager of analysis delivery time scales and
? Identifying analysis risks and dependencies and managing these
? Escalating risks and issues to the appropriate owner including the
project manager and business representative.
? Identifying relevant project stakeholders and ensuring they are
appropriately engaged with the project.
Successful DA candidates will primarily be responsible for:
? Perform analysis to produce Logical Data Models.
? Perform physical database design for projects to produce physical
data models for Oracle DBMS. (including DDL and DML scripts)
? Mentor and coach in-house staff, transferring skills and experience.
? XSD Creation.