Our client the Home Office//HO Core//Corporate Services//Technology (HO CS TECH) are seeking a SC Cleared Technical Architect
• Job Title: Solutions Architect
• IR35 Scope: out of scope
• The Maximum Pay Rate: £650.00
• Location:Inner London: Marsham Street
• Travel: Travel will be required to Croydon and Manchester
• Contract Length: 6 months
• Security Clearance Level Required: SC Level Clearance Required (Must Not have lapsed)
Cyber Security Programme On-Boarding Business Analyst Managing the successful transition of systems into the Cyber Programme CSOC arising from business changes involving Cyber Security for Home Office Departments whilst securing the delivery of the on-boarding outcomes and benefits. To lead Cyber culture change management activity across into the Home Office Departments and manage the activities in delivering the Cyber Programme CSOC On-Boarding.
Success Criteria: Alignment of analysis activities to the business architecture meta model. Alignment of analysis activities to wider work programme. Adherence to agreed standards and principles.
Delivery to time and quality. Knowledge transfer to employees
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Take responsibility for managing and updating data models, data architecture, data dictionaries, configuration and reference data catalogues.
- Work with business leads to identify and document data and reporting requirements.
- Design and maintain data models and manage data integration, performing data quality analysis and profiling tasks.
- Track business requirements and ensure that these can be matched from a data perspective.
- Take ownership of data related design decisions throughout the delivery process, including selection of tools to support data architecture activities.
- Ensure that data-specific project activities align technically and that the architecture is consistent from a data perspective.
- Ensure compliance with data related standards and key architectural principles. Manage stakeholder expectations and deliver complex IT projects to tight deadlines.
1. Experience of working in a SOC or a NOC would be beneficial.
2. Have worked in Government previously
3. Demonstrate experience with AWS security and compliance offerings, including CloudTrail, IAM cross account roles, CloudWatch, AWSConfig and Trust Advisor.
4. Demonstrate experience with big data analytic tools/techniques to collect/perform analysis of data, with data mining & visualisation techniques, including knowledge of the AWS data analytics products (e.g. ElasticSearch).
Key tasks and deliverables
1. Architectural ownership for the CSOC on-boarding of systems / services
2. Stakeholder management for on-boarding of systems to CSOC
3. Negotiation of risk tolerance and treatment
4. Support business information, data model development.
5. Support architecture activities and lead on business analysis activities in large scale.
6. Lead on business process mapping activity
7. Manage change control for existing process maps.
8. Support business capability model, process architecture.
9. Support value stream mapping. Support Business capability modelling.
• Senior Enterprise and Solution Architecture
• SOC Tooling Knowledge including SIEM, PAM, Vulnerability Scanning, End-point Protection etc.
• Solutions Architecture Delivery
• AWS, Architect and Cloud solutions
• Release Management
• Demonstrate ability to evaluate, and independently implement from self-driven research open source Linux tools.
• Have a strong understanding of networking protocols, monitoring tools, and techniques, including VPC Flow
• Demonstrable ability to work with business and security stakeholders to understand their requirements, and deliver a documented capability to them.
1. Leadership and change management in connection with Public Sector Cyber Security programmes.
2. Have experience of open source security audit tools and traffic generation tools.
3. Have knowledge of Protective Monitoring best practice and SIEM solutions, such as AlienVault.
4. Holds a valid SC Clearance.
5. Stakeholder management within complex public sector organisations
6. High level of understanding and knowledge of cyber security and cyber business change strategy.
Travel to other locations : Travel to all Home Office locations will required over the duration of the programme.
This maybe up to 75% of the time