Job Title: Technical Architect
IR35 Scope: Out of Scope
CV Submission Deadline: Friday 29th June 2018 @ 14.30
The Maximum Pay Rate: £600 Ltd
Location: Home Office//HO Core//Corporate Services//Technology (HO CS TECH) West: Soapworks, Colgate Lane, Salford, M5 3EB
Travel: ad hoc around Home Office sites
Contract Length: 12 months
Brief Description Lead Architect (HODC TDA) required to:
• Develop, validate and review conceptual, logical and physical architectural HODC designs
• Manage the architectural aspects of the target design, policies and standards, working pro-actively to achieve stable, viable HODC designs
• Design and implementation of a range of HODC services
• In depth understanding of networking concepts including SDN, access control, switching, routing, firewalling, load balancing, ACI Fabric.
• Experience of working with VMWare, Microsoft Server, Centos and Linux RedHat.
• Creation of High Level and Low Level designs for HODC services.
• Contribution to solutions designs understanding the HODC integration points in the end to end solution.
• Work closely with a wide range of colleagues and stakeholders inside and outside of the Home Office, demonstrating good team working and communication skills
• Making sure that the recommended solution is optimal
• Ensure that HODC design complies with Home Office standards
• Effectively communicating with project teams, service teams and stakeholders to deliver HODC requirements
• Acting as an interface between the HODC team, network team, infrastructure, platform and applications teams and Customers in an SME consultancy capacity to advise on solution development.
• Reporting into the Customer Tenancy Portfolio Manager Occasional travel to other Home Office and partner estates may be required
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Take responsibility for managing and updating data models, data architecture, data dictionaries, configuration and reference data catalogues.
- Work with business leads to identify and document data and reporting requirements.
- Design and maintain data models and manage data integration, performing data quality analysis and profiling tasks.
- Track business requirements and ensure that these can be matched from a data perspective.
- Take ownership of data related design decisions throughout the delivery process, including selection of tools to support data architecture activities. Ensure that data-specific project activities align technically and that the architecture is consistent from a data perspective.
- Ensure compliance with data related standards and key architectural principles.
- Manage stakeholder expectations and deliver complex IT projects to tight deadlines.
The main responsibilities of the post are:
• Interface with Home Office customers to fully understand their business drivers and requirements.
• Develop appropriate technical solutions to meet the customers desired outcome. •
Contributing to the development of Impact assessments, commercial proposals and project delivery plans.
• Oversee the delivery of HODC technical transition through Service readiness, AIS and ATO.
• Drive technical excellence and adherence to the technical roadmap.
• Instigate industry standard practices with their direct reports.
• Provide input into reporting working closely with the HODC Service Transition program manager.
• Working with the Service Transition Program manager, allocate technical resources
• Ensure the HODC meets the functional and non-functional requirements
• Participating in design reviews and walk-throughs to communicate network designs and validate proposed solutions
• Working in cooperation with testing to ensuring the quality of the resulting services
• Performing support activities for HODC hosted services and tenants.
• Drive Continuous Improvement methodologies and culture
• Experience in the design and configuration of large scale, ACI Fabric Cisco network
• Experience of leading a team of HODC compute, network and storage engineers
• Experience in configuration of Cisco routers & switches
• Demonstrable ability to communicate in both verbal and written communication
• Production of high quality design, deployment and support documentation
• Understanding of public and private cloud infrastructure
• Experience of working in a transformation project
• Familiar with ITIL
Experience working in Government or highly regulated environments
• Practical experience of Cisco firewalls
• Practical experience of Solarwinds
• Exposure to Service Now integration