Thermal Design Engineer
Salary: 35-45k + benefits
Location: Lincoln, Newark On Trent, Gainsborough, Lincolnshire
The role will be to provide technical support in the following key areas:
- Provide thermal designs for heat transfer equipment to support the sales team in preparing quotations.
- Perform thermal design calculations using excel based calculations sheets and 3rd party software (such as HTRI or equal).
- Ensure bids are technically compliant with client specifications provided and list deviations where applicable.
- Prepare design and tender documents pre-award to help provide clients with technical confidence in the proposed products.
- Eg Datasheets, thermal calculations, design sketches, quotation specifications, procedures, document lists etc
- Attend Bid Clarifications meetings to ensure technical alignment with client requirements.
- Provide full and comprehensive handover of the design once the PO has been awarded to the mechanical engineering and drawing office team.
- Sponsor projects technically and ensure thermal and mechanical designs are correctly detailed and manufactured.
- Support the detailed design team in the delivery of the projects.
- Analysing wind tunnel and other test data to gain greater understanding of existing products to ensure the most cost effective designs are supplied.
- Complete thermal design analysis using both inhouse and third party thermal design software
- Candidate must be proficient in thermal design calculations and be able to demonstrate experience in the design of this type of equipment. Some further training will be given but the candidate must have good foundation of existing knowledge and analytical skills and some experience in a manufacturing environment.
- The position requires an aptitude for understanding complex mathematical theory with a methodical approach and attention to detail.
- The candidate will be familiar with writing spreadsheets and working on their own initiative.
- Experience of industrial manufacturing including pressure vessels would be beneficial.
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181