•Job Title: User Experience Designers
•The Maximum Pay Rate: £400 Umbrella. (This is an In Scope IR35 role)
Please do not apply if you are not prepared to work via an Umbrella.
•Location: 3 options-
Business Unit: Valuation Office Agency (VOA)
93/107 Shaftesbury Avenue
Red Rose House
104 Lancaster Road
•Contract Length: 3 months
•Clearance Level Required: BPSS/DBS
•Additional Info: INSIDE IR35
2 POSITIONS REQUIRED
Demonstrate expertise designing interactions professionally for the web and mobile.
Have solid experience of web and mobile application interface design.
Core skills: sketching, design production, hand-coded HTML & CSS, rapid prototyping.
Have experience working within an agile, multi-disciplinary team environment, and the ability to deliver iterative design components (including user journeys) to the development team.
Have proven experience in rapid, iterative low and high fidelity prototyping/ wireframing.
Be comfortable eliciting and defining business/user process flows and requirements.
Be able to generate concepts, ideas and user journeys.
Understand that usability is only part of the equation.
Continue to evolve the practice of design thinking. Maintain a real knowledge of emerging digital trends
The Process Design Team owns the VOA’s operational processes and is responsible for ensuring that they are designed to deliver the Agency’s business in the most efficient and economical way.
For each VOA process there is a single process owner with clear responsibility, accountability and authority for the design, service quality and overall delivery objectives of the process and any systems that support it.
Process owners are directly and personally accountable for the end-to-end process.
The CCA PDT is responsible for leading process design, development and improvement activities, carrying out process assurance, and for the producing and maintaining of process guidance and supporting tools and templates.
These vacancies have arisen from the need to expand the existing CCA PDT to support the ongoing design and development of CCA operational processes and guidance.
The post holders will be part of a small team responsible for the continuing design, development and maintenance of CCA processes, guidance, tools and templates.
They will report to the G7 CCA Process Design Lead.
The CCA Programme is a high-profile and important part of the Agency’s transformation, and as such the successful candidates will have lots of opportunities to work on visible, high-impact work that will shape the delivery of a key element of the Agency’s business.
We are looking for individuals with excellent interpersonal skills who are able to facilitate meetings and workshops, challenge current ways of working, and inspire future thinking and take a strategic view.
The post holders’ key responsibilities will include:
• Designing and developing the CCA end to end process, guidance and supporting tools and templates
• Developing strong working relationships with the CCA Programme team, Digital Group, operational colleagues and other corporate teams
• Working collaboratively with operational colleagues and stakeholders across the CCA Programme to ensure that CCA processes support delivery of the policy intent and business rules, and meet the needs of operational staff and external customers
• Facilitating process design workshops with stakeholders to develop and test high level and low level processes
• Developing the operational guidance, correspondence templates, and other tools required to support delivery of CCA processes
• Developing scripts to support CCA enquiry service
• Working in partnership with Digital Group colleagues to impact planned IT/Digital developments on existing processes and guidance
• Revising processes, guidance, scripts and supporting tools in preparation for scheduled IT/Digital Releases, and in response to Change Requests
Knowledge and Skills
The post holder will need to be comfortable working in a high-profile, demanding and fast-changing working environment and will need to demonstrate the essential knowledge and skills set out below.
• Good communication skills, including the ability to make presentations, facilitate discussions and draft good quality written content
• A basic understanding of process design and process improvement
• Ability to build relationships and communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
• A flexible, participative and collaborative approach to working in a busy, multi-grade team
• The confidence and capability to engage with stakeholders at all levels
• Experience of creating process maps in MS Visio
• Knowledge or awareness of Agile approach to project delivery and applying Lean techniques to deliver process improvements
• Knowledge or understanding of CCA end-to-end operational processes, or the ability to develop this quickly