User experience Designer to join a large government project.
The user experience designer should be an expert practitioner who has strong experience of operating as part of a multi-disciplinary team to design services. You will work with project teams and Service Managers to redefine essential public services to deliver improved experiences and meet organisational objectives, within a complex portfolio of change.
Experience & skills:
- Confident and skilled facilitator who will champion a collaborative approach to the design process
- Expert ability to design solutions which meet user needs across a variety of channels
- Ability to design digital and non-digital interactions are part of a broader end-to-end service
- Ability to analyse the root cause of problems and frame the design around these
- Ability to clearly communicate information (both verbally and visually) to project teams, Service Managers and senior stakeholders
- Ability to develop low fidelity prototypes
- Ability to work in a complex stakeholder environment
- Experience of working in agile teams
- It is expected that this role will involve some level of knowledge transfer or mentoring for HMCTS employees Desirable
- Experience of working in the Public Sector
- Hands on design production, hand-coded HTML & CSS, rapid prototyping
- Experience of working with content
- Experience of working with accessibility needs
Please note that the client has determined that the off-payroll working rules will apply to this assignment and where a worker elects to provide their services through an intermediary (such as a personal services company) then income tax and primary national insurance contributions will be deducted at source from any payments made to the intermediary.