Role: Web Ops Engineer/Devops (Splunk) Engineer
Contracting Authority: GDS (cabinet Office)
Contract Length: 6 Months
IR35: Out of Scope
Salary: £500 - £600p/d pay rate
Security Clearance: SC strongly desirable
Minimum Requirement: Splunk, Linux experience.
CV Deadline: 10/09 12pm
Our client Cabinet Office|GOVERNMENT DIGITAL SERVICE|DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION are ideally seeking a SC cleared WebOps/DevOps (Splunk) Engineer to take:
Ownership of technical relationship with Splunk and Anomali, to completion of the two applications being fully integrated.
Delivery of Splunk universal forwarders and the infrastructure to support them in AWS
Support shipping and onboarding of Cyber Security teams assets.
Provide ongoing support and expert knowledge within Cyber Security team during the integration and rollout process.
First GDS service onboarded
Which specific skills will be needed by the contractor
- Experience with Splunk Enterprise
- At least 5 years working experience of Linux
- At least 5 years working experience of network and web related protocols
- At least 2 years experience of configuration management processes and tools
- At least 2 years experience working with Amazon Web Services Knowledge of infrastructure as code (e.g. Terraform, CloudFormation)
- Strong scripting skills in at least one language (e.g. python, ruby) Experience working in an agile manner