Role: Windows 10 Architect
Contract Length: 6 Months
Security Clearance: Will undergo NVPP with GMP
- Supports GMP’s IS Branch, by providing governance and assurance around the design and implementation of the NEP-aligned technical solutions.
- Provides expert advice on the Windows 10 and NEP-related IT solutions and how they fit together architecturally across an organisation.
- Builds technical product roadmaps for the Windows 10 product set.
- Supports Senior Level management in ensuring that IS Branch strategy is in alignment to the NEP strategy through architecture design and implementation.
- Provides expert advice to senior managers and suppliers on IT architectures across the enterprise to ensure alignment against NEP blueprints.
- Attends the project board as required.
- Works with the 3rd party suppliers, partner agencies and internal stakeholders to facilitate the design and agreement of solutions required to meet the Force’s strategic objectives and architecture.
- Identifies the potential impacts of different technological solutions on the organisation and assesses costs & benefits, feasibility and alignment to business requirements. Develops or contributes to business cases and business models to assess solution options.
- Keeps abreast with technological developments (‘Horizon Scanning’) to recommend ideas towards achieving the Policing strategy, which are based on ‘end of life’ risk, future trends, innovative solutions/services, continual service improvement and value delivery. Identifies business benefits of alternative strategies where appropriate.
- Responsible to identify potential further benefits within existing solutions.
- Assess solution designs to see how they fit into the architecture.
- Contributes to the discovery and documentation of the customer's business scenarios that drive the solution.
- Creates and updates architecture models as a framework for future development.
- Works with both business and technical stakeholders to understand the organisation’s needs and to articulate, in an understandable manner, the solution architecture.
- Maintain solution architecture documentation.
- Works with architects at the partner agencies to maintain the application architecture layer documentation and forecast future options.
- Makes decisions at the appropriate time, taking into account the needs of the situation, priorities, constraints and the availability of necessary information.
- Significant experience of working within an architecture environment in a complex medium to large sized organisation, ensuring that technical projects align against the organisation strategy, architecture and governance objectives.
- Significant practical experience of implementing resilient IT applications in a complex multi-vendor environment.
- Experience of providing assurance against specified architectural standards.
- Significant experience of the Windows 10 underlying architectures, specifically Active Directory, SCCM, Microsoft 365, Identity and Access Management.
- Experience of SailPoint IdentityNow Identity and Access Management solution.
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181